Thursday, May 29, 2014

I would like to thank the Academy...

When I started this blog last Fourth of July, I did it mostly just as amusement for myself and as a way to make notes I couldn't misplace to remind myself what paints I use on what miniatures. I tend to forget things like that when I have long hiatuses between my rotating fields of interest. 

I never really thought anyone would read what I write. Why would anyone care? I noticed a follower here and a comment there, but I figured it was a case of the occassional person who had blundered onto my blog via some Google search. I've watched the page views grow over the months (I'm at 7500 now), but I didn't think much of it, as at least 90% have always been by webots like vampirestat, etc.  

But over the course of the last 2-3 days, my followers have burgeoned to 27 and I must've had a dozen comments in that time!! And lo and behold, I've twice been nominated for an award I didn't even know existed!! 
As my grandmother used to say, "Well, shut my mouth!" I'm absolutely gobsmacked to find out that I have ONE reader, let alone 27 readers!

In any case, thank you to everyone who enjoys what I write, as well as a big thank you for my nominations. Does someone actually end up winning the Liebster Award or is being nominated as far as it goes?  I've no idea. 

Well, keep checking back. I try to be diligent about posting something every week. If anyone has any topic(s) they'd like me to touch on, please feel free to let me know. Thanks again!

6 comments:

  1. You see now we have found you , we will be checking in regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting "Liebstered" and finding your audience, both well deserved! Cheers, Paul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it goes no further that being nominated as such, it;s all about getting other bloggers to be aware of good blogs which is where you come in :-)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete