Friday, March 14, 2014

Let's do a quick stocktake!!

Sometimes I get to painting so much stuff and trying to just bang it out as quickly as I can that I sort of lose track of what I still need to do and what I need to order next, which is the point I'm now at with my East Germans. That being the case, let's hold up and assemble everything that I've done so far and see where I am. 

Here's an overview of my East German force:

As you can see, there are a few units that have painted vehicles, but don't yet have flocked bases. And a few things haven't made it beyond the priming stage. But overall, progress has been decent, apart from infantry, which is the most time consuming, as well as very tedious to produce. They're just so tiny that they're a complete pain in the ass, so I put them off as much as possible. 

Here's a more in-depth view of things. First, the majority of a motor rifle panzer battalion with command (minus one company that still needs doing):

Next is a panzer reconnaissance battalion, completely finished:
Two heavy reconnaissance companies and one scout car company, with company and battalion command. 

Also about half of a panzerjäger battalion:
Actually one 100mm anti-tank gun company (of two needed) and half the necessary company of BRDM-2 Sagger launchers. The URAL-375D ammo supply/crew transport trucks for the guns are yet to be done. The guns are Soviet-built MT-12's. 

Actually, the major reason I wanted to have a look at all my East Germans in one place is that to this point, I've been ordering and painting by whim, whatever seemed attractive and/or cool-looking. Definitely things that I'll eventually need, but not geared toward quickly finishing whole units that I'll need for my LANDJUT 1981 campaign. So this is my "quit screwing around!!" to myself. I need to begin being more organized and order/paint to a plan. The same goes equally for my Danes and West Germans, which I've also been painting willy-nilly. 

Time to go reorganize my list of Picoarmor orders....

No comments:

Post a Comment