Saturday, January 11, 2014

Another weekend of painting

A small packet came from Picoarmor yesterday. BMP-1's, 100mm Soviet anti-tank guns, BTR-50PK's, and another pack of Soviet 120mm mortars with GAZ-66 trucks. 

Most of this order will become East Germans, but the 120mm mortars are the only modern ones O8 makes, so these will be paired with Unimog 1300L's and become a Danish unit. O8 minis do have enough detail to clearly identify these as Soviet, provided that you hold it nearly to the end of your nose, but at arm's length on the table, no one will ever know the difference.

As I've been a bit lazy the last two weekends (due in part to bone shatteringly cold weather), I'm going to try to finish an entire company of East German T-55's, including command and bases. I don't think I'll get it all done, but I'll get as far as I can. The really beautiful, warm weather outside is quite a distraction.
I should move to Alaska. I'd get a lot more hobby work done.

Monday night: I was right. I didn't get everything finished in one weekend. Not because it was too much to do, but solely due to sloth. Anyway, here's the completed East German T-55 company:

On to the next project!!

No comments:

Post a Comment